Audition Prerequisites for Concert Chorale
• Match pitch VERY well
• Maintain a resting tone while singing
• Hear & sing the difference between a half step (ti-do) and whole step (do-re)
• Sing with a clear head tone appropriate to age and voice quality
• Follow his/her assigned part in a vocal score
• Hear the difference between major and minor
• Identify the names of the lines and spaces of treble “G” clef
• Hear and identify the difference between duple and triple meter patterns
• Pronounce simple English and Latin texts clearly as if for singing
• Sightsing a simple vocal line in a comfortable range using tonal syllables
• Prepare a simple vocal line made of simple duple or triple rhythm patterns and simple melodic passages in a common key
• Sing a simple melody and begin on the correct note with only the resting tone as a reference
It is recommended all students have a pitch pipe, piano, electric keyboard or other concert pitch instrument with which to practice at home.
A $10.00 one time Folder fee and a yearly activity fee is requested in early September.